Social Media has become very popular for use in search engine optimization. So much so that we at Social Media Training have developed training around SSEO (Social Search Engine Optimization). There is a big question circulating in the SEO world: will Social Media be replacing traditional Search Engine Results and Search Engine Optimization practices. Some experts say Social Media will replace SEO and others are saying SEO is here to stay. We think it’s a little of both! By 2014, eMarketer estimates that 65% of all US Internet users will be using social networks. And just to confirm how important this issue is, Google is now using in their guarded search algorithm, the “social graph” as a sign of trust and credibility.
There is no denying that social media at present is playing a vital role in the way users use the Internet nowadays. Everyone including kids, teenagers, seniors, news companies and business owners are participating in social networking websites. If you are currently trying to improve your website’s ranking through the use of search engine optimization then you might be interested to know that social media is now playing an important part in SEO.
Social Media Growth
Social Media Tips for SEO purposes
All SEO begins with content. The first step to creating backlinks is to write content that people will want to share. Articles that solve problems, provide a helpful resource, entertain, show innovation or even create controversy can all generate backlinks. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit and other social media websites are driven by the desire to share. One of the quickest ways to build social media credibility is to share excellent blog posts, video clips and other valuable online content. When you write content that will give Facebook and Twitter users or bloggers credibility just by sharing it, you’re going to generate quality backlinks which will improve your SEO.
Social media marketing improves Search Engine Optimization by way of getting a lot more traffic to go to your website and discuss your posts. Social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter are now being indexed by Google, Yahoo, Bing and others; so if you have more action on your website, then the greater you’ll be positioned in search results as the search engines favor active sites.
Establishing a presence on the top social media sites has never been more important.
Right now, you’ve got to have a presence on the Top social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube because they contain the most “authority” from a SEO standpoint because they influence Google’s social algorithm more than any other social media sites out there.
This will allow your site to gain more authority for target keywords on the search ranking result pages. Here are several other “easy to implement” tactics to improve SEO:
• Go to www.namechk.com and make sure you have locked down your brand.
• Add, increase and grow your followers, friends and contacts so that you increase your reach and visibility.
• Create compelling, customized profile pages. Add your social links to your Web site too.
• For those of you addicted to The Twitter, encourage Retweeting. Tweets are getting indexed by Google.
• Encourage “Liking”, “Tweeting” and “sharing” of pages, articles and valuable content from your web site.
• Contribute actively to other blogs and forums by commenting on articles related to your area of focus.
• Consider doing some guest blogging with links back to your own blog.
In conclusion, Social Media is more than just a trend – it is a paradigm shift for SEO and should be integrated as one of your key strategies to getting found on the Internet.
About the Author: Richard Diamond is a Director at Social Media Training, Inc. and has 20 years experience in integrated marketing. Social Media Training educates busy executives on how to implement results based social media marketing programs. They train thousands of people every month from around the world. Learn the Business Case for Social Media this Thursday at 1:00 Eastern. Register Here Today!
Status Updates in social media can be confusing if you think as a professional that you have to be extremely personal with your updates.
“You don’t have to tell everyone about what pizza you are eating to grow your business”
Here are four tips to help get the most of your status updates that will drive results for your business.
1. 1. Be authentic: You don’t have to tell everyone about what pizza you are eating, but you do need to be human.
2. 2. Use your current business questions or qualifiers to engage. For example some of your typical qualifying questions can be posted. Often times you will see people respond, which then can turn into a warm lead.
3. 3. Drive people to landing pages or website pages with calls to actions in your status updates.
4. 4. When providing URL’s in your updates use URL shortner’s such as bit.ly so you can both shrink the URL (saves character space) and keep track of your click through results from specific status updates.
There are countless tips available on how to perfect status updates for your business. My goal today was to help businesses & professionals beginning to get some initial results. So what have you found helpful in your status updates?
Join us for “Social Media for Business in TEN Minutes a Day". We'll train you on how to get up and running on social media fast and direct you towards results producing activities so you won't waste time. This webinar is 100% complimentary.
Sign Up Now!
100 Chesterfield Business Parkway,
Chesterfield, MO 63005 USA
Drop us a line
What makes us unique
‣Ranked in the Top 50 out of 85+ million LinkedIn users
‣Over 90,000 followers on Twitter
‣Highest rated bloggers
‣Thousands of Facebook friends and fans
‣Leads the most successful groups on LinkedIn
‣Founders of a national Social Media company