If you’re new to Twitter or need some new ideas and tips on what to do and what not to do, check out our 30 Twitter Tips List below. Even if you’ve been Tweeting for a while, do a quick review since we’ve all made some of these mistakes and it’s never too late to implement best practices in your Twitter activity. Enjoy!
1. Don’t over promote your product or service. Try using the 10-1 Rule: Tweeting 10 amazing links or resources earns you the right to promote 1 time.
2. Customize your background design with your logo and contact details.
3. Use a link shortener like bitly.com to save on character count and to measure click-throughs.
4. Talk less about yourself and more about others.
Can you promote your business on twitter? The answer is yes, you can promote your business on twitter and you can actually drive some really nice results with the right strategies.
Here are a few tips to promote & generate engagement for your business on Twitter.
1. Grow your twitter following by using search.twitter.com and twellow to find like minded followers. You can identify your target market and follow them and usually 30% to 60% will follow you back. You can take a look at services such as Hummingbird to automate this process as well.
2. Be human, while you don’t want to be telling people you just took a shower, you can be authentic and bring real engagement.
3. Use Twitter to get past the gatekeeper by contacting corporate twitter accounts through messaging them with twitter to find your contacts.
4. Post your usual qualifying questions you use in your sales process to drive engagement with your target market.
5. Use URL shortners such as bit.ly to save character space and to measure the statistics (click through on status updates) this will allow you to learn how to refine your status updates to get the most click throughs possible.
6. Promote events prior, during, and post so you can possibly engage with your target market.
These are just some starter tips for businesses and professionals, what tips would you offer?
Join us for “Social Media for Business in TEN Minutes a Day". We'll train you on how to get up and running on social media fast and direct you towards results producing activities so you won't waste time. This webinar is 100% complimentary.
Sign Up Now!
100 Chesterfield Business Parkway,
Chesterfield, MO 63005 USA
Drop us a line
What makes us unique
‣Ranked in the Top 50 out of 85+ million LinkedIn users
‣Over 90,000 followers on Twitter
‣Highest rated bloggers
‣Thousands of Facebook friends and fans
‣Leads the most successful groups on LinkedIn
‣Founders of a national Social Media company